Sunday, November 8, 2015

Of Things I Want To Make Time For

It's getting towards that time of the year where you reflect back on 2015 and think, what even happened this year? I always have these hopes and plans, but executing is apparently not my thing. Let's say these are some pre-emptive new year's resolutions...


  1. Blog. I have a whopping total of 5 blogposts this year. There's the classic excuse that "I'm too busy", which is only partly true. But for the past 300 days or so, there has to have been some way for me to fit in just a few more posts. 
  2. Read. This was something I really stepped up this past summer. I made it an effort to take time out of my day to read; my friends and I even started a mini book club. (Read Norwegian Wood, one of the most beautifully written books out there) Of course, once school picked up, the number of books I've read dropped. 
  3. Walking. I am a home-body with an adventurous mind. I'm constantly saying that I should get out more, but every time I get home, I snuggle up with Netflix and before I know it, the day is done. With winter settling in, I feel my hermit-crab self emerging....uh oh.
  4. Vocabulary. I wouldn't say I talk like a 3rd grader, but a few extra words in my arsenal sure can't hurt. 
  5. Writing. I used to write stories all the time. I would sit down at my computer and just get going for hours on end. Some were fan-fiction (Percy Jackson, anyone?), some were original ideas. I reached a writer's block a while back and just never really got over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment