Thursday, November 12, 2015

Of Beauty Shelf Essentials








  1. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar ($5): This little bar of wonder has worked incredibly well on my acne-prone sensitive skin. I know many people aren't the bar soap fan, but it has lasted significantly longer than any other bottle face washes I've used before. 
  2. Pixi Glow Tonic ($30): I use this religiously after I wash my face, twice-a-day-everyday. Unlike most toners, it's alcohol-free so it won't dry out your skin. I just take a cotton pad and a few drops of this and swipe it all over my face to remove the last traces of make-up or cleanser residue. 
  3. Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion ($10): I had a bottle of this back in high school and thought it did the trick. It's nothing too special, but it's certainly not bad. Eucerin is known for the gentleness of their products, plus this had SPF so win-win.
  4. Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream ($22): This is somewhat new to my arsenal since my beloved Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate ran out. It's thick in consistency, making it more of a cream than lotion, but that just means it's ready to banish those dry patches caused by the upcoming winter winds.
  5. Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment ($38): I got a little sample of this from an advent calendar last year and absolutely loved it. I was never a one for eye cream, because why bother with an extra step at the end of the night, but when my sample ran out, I immediately went to buy the full size. It's not too thick and truly moisturizes your eye area.
  6. Rosebud Salve ($6): I am trying to get into the habit of moisturizing my lips before I go to bed so I'll avoid waking up with dry and cracked lips. This one smells amazing, and if you don't like the tin packaging style, they also sell these into travel-friendly tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment