Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Of Reasons Why I Love | Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate


Sold online or at any Kiehl's store, Nordstrom, etc.


  1. Simplicity. Five drops (recommended 2-3, but I go a bit overboard) of this each night is the only thing I apply after cleansing my skin. I rub it in my hands and pat/massage it into my skin.
  2. Results the next morning. Most products I have tried that claim fast results tend to be a gimmick, but not this one. If I have a pimple starting to get irritated the night before, it is vastly reduced in size the next morning. 
  3. Somewhat Natural. One of the key ingredients is Squalane, which is a kind of lipid (fat) that is molecularly very similar to our own skin's lipid, making it a strong candidate for moisturizing our skin. However, squalene is found from shark liver, so if you're looking for something cruelty-free, look for olive oil as a key ingredient instead.
  4. Cult Classic. Sure, there's a certain strength to resisting a hype, but it's just satisfying to know that thousands of others out there love it as much as I do. 
  5. You get your money's worth. Although this facial oil retails at a hefty price of $46 per 1.0 fluid ounce, it is totally worth the splurge for me. My skin was a mess before this; I constantly broke out, which turned to acne scars, had dry patches, and much more. My skin's not perfect now, but there's a noticeable reduction in my acne and my skin tone is just overall much more even.

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to try this for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete